Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom Cover / Palmrest
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
8. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 19 screws from the inside of the Chromebook.
- Use your hands to gently push the palmrest up about two inches from the rest of the computer so that the hinges don’t obstruct the removal of other parts.
- Use your hands to gently pull the daughterboard, motherboard, and battery out of the palmrest.
- Use the plastic spudger to separate the speakers from the bottom cover, then remove them.
10. Remove the Palmrest
- Open the Chromebook to 90° and flip it so that it’s laying on the LCD back cover as pictured.
- Use your hands to gently on the palmrest until the palmrest and the LCD assembly are separated.
16. Remove the Camera and Microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger into the gap between the back cover and the camera.
- Push up very slowly on both sides of the camera until they separate from the back cover.
- To remove the cable from the camera, use your hand to carefully pull the cable away from the camera.