Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
2. Remove the Battery Cable
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cable away from the motherboard.
3. Remove the Palmrest and Touchpad Cables
5. Remove the WiFi Cables
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cables up from the WiFi connector.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
10. Remove the LCD Cable
- Use the tweezers to pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable out of the connector.
11. Remove the Hinges
- Remove the 6 screws from around the hinges.
- Gently use the plastic spudger to separate the hinges from the back cover.
- After they are detached, use your hands to pull the hinges away from the back cover.