Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
9. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 26 screws from the inside of the Chromebook.
- Use your hands to gently pull the daughterboard, motherboard, and battery off of the palmrest.
- To remove the WiFi card from the motherboard, gently pull it away from the motherboard.
- Use the plastic spudger to separate the speakers from the bottom cover, then remove them.
11. Remove the Palmrest
- Open the chromebook to 90° and flip it so that it’s laying on the LCD back cover as pictured.
- Use your hands to gently on the palmrest until the palmrest and the LCD assembly are separated.
12. Remove the Hinge Cover
- Remove the two screws from under the rubber feet on the left and right sides of the bezel.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the hinge cover and back cover. Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the back cover until the hinge cover and the back cover are separated.
13. Remove the LCD Module
- Remove the three screws attaching the LCD module to the back cover
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the LCD Module and back cover. Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the back cover until the LCD Module and the back cover are separated.
16. Remove the Camera and Microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger into the gap between the LCD Module and the camera.
- Push up very slowly on both sides of the camera until they separate from the LCD Module.
- To remove the cable from the camera, use your hand to carefully pull the cable away from the camera.