Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
8. Remove Internal Parts
9. Remove the Bezel
- Remove the four screws from under rubber pads on the top and down left and right sides.
- Press a spudger into the space between the bezel and back cover until you hear a click, then run the spudger around until separate the parts.
10. Remove the Screen and LCD Cable
- Remove ten screws from the screen and hinges. Use your hands to lift the LCD panel away from the back cover.
- Pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable out of the connector.