Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Bottom Cover
- Remove 13 screws from the bottom cover.
- On the right corner nearest to the hinges, push the plastic spudger into the gap between the palmrest and the bottom cover.
- Slowly push up until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
3. Remove the LCD Cable from the Motherboard
- Use the tweezers to pull the tape off of the connector.
- Push on the sides of the connector with the plastic spudger to separate the cable from the motherboard.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
8. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove the 19 screws from the inside of the Chromebook.
- Use your hands to gently push the palmrest up about two inches from the rest of the computer so that the hinges don’t obstruct the removal of the other parts.
- Use your hands to gently push up on the daughterboard, battery, motherboard, and WiFi card. Note that the motherboard and SSD card will come off together.
- To remove the SSD card from the motherboard, gently pull it away from the motherboard.
15. Remove the Camera and Microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger into the gap between the back cover and the camera.
- Push up slowly on both sides until it separates from the back cover.
- To remove the cable from the camera, use your hand to carefully pull the cable away from the camera.