Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Palmrest
- Remove 9 screws from around the bottom cover. Note that two of the screws are underneath the rubber feet nearest to the hinges.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and the bottom cover.
- Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
9. Remove Internal Parts
11. Remove the LCD cable from the screen
- Remove all 4 screws on the LCD, then lift it away from the back cover.
- Pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD.
- Use the tweezers to pull the cable out of the connector.