Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
5. Remove the Wi-Fi Card Cable
- Use the tweezers to gently pull the cables up from the Wi-Fi connector.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
10. Remove the LCD Cable and the Screen
- Remove 3 screws from underneath the trim piece on the LCD.
- Slide the LCD down, towards the hinges, then lift it away from the back cover.
- Use the tweezers to pull the tape off of the connector on the back of the LCD and pull the LCD cable out of the connector.
- Use the tweezers to remove the touch connection from the module.
11. Remove the Camera and Microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger under the camera.
- Slowly push up on both sides until they seperate from the LCD module.
- To remove the cable, use the tweezers to pull the cable away from the camera.