Tools Needed: Plastic Spudger, Tweezers, Phillips Head Screwdriver
1. Remove the Palmrest
- Remove 10 screws from around the bottom cover. Note that 4 of them are behind the rubber feet.
- Push the plastic spudger into the space between the palmrest and bottom cover.
- Push in until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the palmrest until the palmrest and the bottom cover are separated.
Before removing any internal parts you will have to disconnect the cables that attach them to the other parts. The next few steps will detail this process.
Now that all of the cables are disconnected the computer can be disassembled.
8. Remove the Internal Parts
- Remove 24 screws from the inside of the chromebook. Note that 1 screw is behind the Lenovo sticker.
- Use your hands remove the LCD assembly.
- Use your hands to gently pull the daughterboard, motherboard, and battery away.
- Use the plastic spudger to separate the speakers from the bottom cover before removing them.
9. Remove the Bezel
- Remove the two screws from the corners nearest to the hinges.
- On the right top corner, gently push the plastic spudger into the gap between the bezel and the back cover.
- Slowly push up until you hear a click.
- Run the spudger around the edge of the bezel until the bezel and the back cover are separated.
12. Remove the Hinges
- Remove four screws from around the hinges.
- Gently use the plastic spudger to separate the hinges from the back cover.
- After they are detached, use your hands to pull the hinges away from the bottom cover.
13. Remove the camera and microphone
- Gently push the plastic spudger in the gap between the back cover and the camera.
- Push up very slowly on both sides until they separate.
- Remove the cable from the camera, use your hand to carefully pull the cable away from the camera.